TopHealthBlog has found some things that a lot of us do pretty often not realizing that they could affect our teeth in a harmful way, here are 6 Things to Stop Doing With Your Teeth To Keep Them Healthy.
Tooth enamel is the strongest substance in our body. But despite its strength, our teeth can still be worn down. So since all of your baby teeth have already fallen out, you might want to think twice before you decide to open something with your teeth or to continue munching on that huge bag of tasty chips!
1. Brushing wrong or too soon
- Don`t brush your teeth too hard. That can damage your teeth and gums and lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Going left to right isn’t enough. Here’s the correct way: Start from the gum, and go up and down in little circular, up-and-down motions. Do it for approximately 2 minutes and ensure that you also get the spots that are hard to reach.
- Don’t brush your teeth right after eating. Foods containing acid can weaken your enamel, so brushing could damage it and allow the acid to get even deeper into the teeth.
- Don’t rinse your mouth after brushing, as it washes away the fluoride that protects your teeth.
- Don’t use one toothbrush for too long. Change it at least every 3 to 4 months, otherwise, it will be less effective once its bristles are frayed.